A Letter From the President
The Ad Rodeo was due for a shake up. Not a minor “Let’s serve chicken instead of beef at the gala this year” kind of shake up, but a “Let’s blow this thing up and start over” kind of change. And as the new President of the Ad Rodeo, I’m happy to report the Board of Directors was ready and willing to do just that.
The changes you see this year will be driven by a new mandate adopted by the Board to direct our focus back to where it should be – the work and the community we serve. This mandate, listed below, was crafted with input and suggestions from conversations with a number of industry leaders.
Over the coming weeks, you’ll see a more communications from the Ad Rodeo as we start sharing specific changes and plans for the year ahead.
This year the Ad Rodeo Board is being directed by five main objectives. These are presented in order of importance:
1. Celebrate the Work – the Ad Rodeo has gotten away from this over the course of the past years and has become more of a celebration rather than a celebration of the work. We’re refocusing on the real reason we exist.
2. Inspire the Community – The Gala event and supporting community events should serve to inspire young talent and challenge industry veterans to continue to push their craft – be that through a showcase of the high standard of work done in Calgary, or by providing opportunities to learn from today’s industry leaders.
3. Become More Inclusive – the cost of the show and the nature of the judging has, over time, made the Ad Rodeo less accessible to the smaller agencies and independent freelancers. We need to find ways to reduce costs and increase participation.
4. Engage Students in our Industry and City – we have several quality post-secondary institutions in this city developing talent that needs to be attracted to our industry and to realize they can find opportunities within Calgary. Programs and events need to promote our industry and engage Students.
5. Celebrate – there is still a roll for the Ad Rodeo to play in bringing the community closer together, providing social opportunities to extend networks and foster relationships. With these points guiding our decisions as Board over the year ahead, we’re confident we can shift the focus of the Ad Rodeo back to the work and provide inspiration to our entire community.
If you have any specific feedback, suggestions or input for the year ahead, feel free to email it to me at email@example.com.
Looking forward to a fantastic year.
President, ZGM Collaborative Marketing
The 2013/14 Ad Rodeo BoardThe Ad Rodeo Association is excited to announce the new 2013/2014 Board of Directors, including five new members. The Board met last week to vote on the vacant positions, and we sincerely thank everyone for their interest. Please find below the names and email addresses of your new board.
- Ad Rodeo President – Dan King . We are excited to have Dan and his extensive industry and agency leadership experience guiding a number of changes to this year’s Ad Rodeo! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Jonathan Cheng. Jonathan returns to the board as Treasurer for a second year, and will be responsible for the continued fiscal responsibility of the Association. email@example.com
- Director of Sponsorship – Heleena Webber. Heleena will once again be driving the sponsorship efforts of your Association, and will continue to evolve the various opportunities available to our key partner sponsors. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Anvils Awards Gala – Chris DeVuono. After the great event in 2013, we’re all looking forward to Chris’s new and fresh ideas for the 2014 show! email@example.com
- Director of Special Events – Ashley Templeton. Look for many new and exciting events and speakers this coming year thanks to Ashley and her team. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Judging - Andrea Wettstein. Andrea will be searching high and low for the best judging talent to judge our communities incredible work. email@example.com
- Director of Entries – Chelsea Watson. We broke records in 2013 and look forward to even more great entries next year! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Communications – Andrea Nacinovich. The voice of the Association to the community, Andrea will be introducing new and innovative ways of keep the Calgary ad community up to speed and informed! email@example.com
- Student Liaison Director – Mark Kamachi. Supporting the future leaders and rock stars of our industry! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President – Mariko Miyagishima. We’re thrilled to have Mariko reside on the board again in 2013/2014 as Past President. She demonstrated amazing leadership as President last year, and we look forward to her continued involvement.
Ad Rodeo We sincerely thank those outgoing members for their contributions and support to the Association over the past year, and look forward to the new and exciting direction the new board will take.Should you have any questions, or have interest in joining a subcommittee, please do not hesitate to contact one of the above Directors.