Agencies In The Outfield 2014The Agencies in the Outfield Slo-Pitch tournament is back for another year! Join us on August 23 at Shouldice Athletic Park for fun & fundraising, with a little rivalry smack talk in between! DETAILS
Team Registration: $350 per team
Individual Registration: $25 per person
Want to sponsor?
Grand Slam Field Sponsorship: $500
Home-Run Sponsorship: $250
Double-Play Sponsorship: $100
We’re looking for volunteers! If interested, please send an email to Andrea Nacinovich
Questions? Contact Andrea Nacinovich or Alex Marr.
2014 ANVIL AWARDSCongratulations to all the winners of the 2014 Anvil Awards!
To view the winner and merit work click HERE
Thank you for all your support!
A Letter From the PresidentThe Ad Rodeo was due for a shake up. Not a minor “Let’s serve chicken instead of beef at the gala this year” kind of shake up, but a “Let’s blow this thing up and start over” kind of change. And as the new President of the Ad Rodeo, I’m happy to report the Board of Directors was ready and willing to do just that.
The changes you see this year will be driven by a new mandate adopted by the Board to direct our focus back to where it should be – the work and the community we serve. This mandate, listed below, was crafted with input and suggestions from conversations with a number of industry leaders.
Over the coming weeks, you’ll see a more communications from the Ad Rodeo as we start sharing specific changes and plans for the year ahead.
This year the Ad Rodeo Board is being directed by five main objectives. These are presented in order of importance:
- Celebrate the Work – the Ad Rodeo has gotten away from this over the course of the past years and has become more of a celebration rather than a celebration of the work. We’re refocusing on the real reason we exist.
- Inspire the Community – The Gala event and supporting community events should serve to inspire young talent and challenge industry veterans to continue to push their craft – be that through a showcase of the high standard of work done in Calgary, or by providing opportunities to learn from today’s industry leaders.
- Become More Inclusive – the cost of the show and the nature of the judging has, over time, made the Ad Rodeo less accessible to the smaller agencies and independent freelancers. We need to find ways to reduce costs and increase participation.
- Engage Students in our Industry and City – we have several quality post-secondary institutions in this city developing talent that needs to be attracted to our industry and to realize they can find opportunities within Calgary. Programs and events need to promote our industry and engage Students.
- Celebrate – there is still a roll for the Ad Rodeo to play in bringing the community closer together, providing social opportunities to extend networks and foster relationships.
With these points guiding our decisions as Board over the year ahead, we’re confident we can shift the focus of the Ad Rodeo back to the work and provide inspiration to our entire community.If you have any specific feedback, suggestions or input for the year ahead, feel free to email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to a fantastic year.
President, ZGM Collaborative Marketing
Ad Rodeo Association Lifetime Achievement AwardThe Ad Rodeo Association is now taking nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Award. For more information, or to nominate a candidate, click here.→